Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Small Achievements that Make Me Smile!

I am so excited because I weighed my self last night on 3 separate scales (2 at my house and 1 at a friends) and they all said that I weighed 170.0 lb.!!! This excites me to no end!! I am so thrilled and I know it is a small step because last time I went to the doctor I was 174. lb. so that means I am down about 4 pounds!! But that is a step in the right direction! My realistic goal weight is about 160 right now but my overall goal weight is 150. Since I am about 5'3" in height I think both are a good manageable goals to reach! I have always and will always be a curvy girl but my entire goal is to be healthier than I am now. I would also like to be able to run a 5k which is 3.1 miles. Growing up with asthma made the idea of running unimaginable, but I have been able to learn how to control my asthma to the point that now I can run about a mile and a half pretty well! I am hoping to be in a 5k race by next summer!

Recent Picture

This was the only full body picture I could find!

I am so excited for the things God is teaching me and equipping me to do. Being a college student is hard on our bodies and our spiritual lives! I hope to overcome both obstacles this coming school year, and have a social life. Well, its time to start packing again!

Does anyone have any tips for packing? I would love some advice and new tips and tools to get this moving process over with!

Proverbs 15:30 (NIV)
A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment