Monday, August 26, 2013

What's Happening?


The back to school rush has officially ended. I just started my last semester of college. To say that I am excited about that is a huge understatement! With the whirlwind of moving, buying books, getting organized, finding classes, and starting assignments behind me I can finally start settling in. I have missed blogging sooo much these last few weeks. I am ready to be back on a normal schedule so here is my monthly doings to get my feet back in the water. 

Reading: Since school has started all I do is read text books. My favorite right now is called Coffee House Theology by Ed Cyzewski.
 * A neat beginning of the year project to do with kids or as a college student is to wrap your text books in brown paper. I use Trader Joe's bags. It is super easy and the books are protected. For kids I would let them be creative and color the covers the way they wanted to make the text book feel individual to them.

Watching: As soon as night time TV comes on again I will be watching Once Upon a Time, Grimm, and Parks and Rec. But until then August 26 thru September 9 The US. Open is all I will be interested in. Im pulling for Serena Williams and Rafael Nadal!

Creating: I started making crocheted sunflower book marks for some girls back at home to start their school year off reading. I will post about that later! They aren't quite finished and its a secret!

Scripture: God has directed me to the book of Romans lately. There is so much truth and wisdom in that book. If you need somewhere to start in the Bible I would strongly suggest the book of Romans.

Workout: This summer I started doing CrossFit and let me just say, I LOVE IT!!!!!! I have never LOVED working out before but now I wake up wanting to know what the workout is for the day. I ran 4 miles on Saturday and I want to run another 5K or 10K race this semester.

I hope you enjoyed, if you do a "What's Happening" post, let me see! I love reading blogs!!

Have a great week!




1 comment:

  1. You should run a 20K this weekend with me in Atlanta. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete