Saturday, November 30, 2013

Advent

         The Christmas season is upon us once again. Christmas makes the days a little brighter, and the nights a bit more welcoming. Every decoration, song, and movie fills my head with memories wrapped in nostalgia. For the past couple of years I have celebrated the Advent holiday in a more traditional way. I am and grew up Pentecostal Holiness. The church I attend does not celebrate Advent the same way other more traditional churches do, and we do not have a Christmas eve service. Which in their defense is sometimes nice because that time is designated for family time and personal reflection. But I have a desire to celebrate everyday of December in remembrance and deep thought of our Christ's decent to Earth as a child. My goal is to turn off my social networking radar and focus my attention on anticipating the holiday and spending intentional time with family and close friends. This is my last Christmas at home before I get married in the spring and I am excited about savoring every minute.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and if you would like to know more about Advent HERE is a link to a wonderful blog that explains in detail why Advent is so special. The You Version Bible app has some great Advent reading plans if you are interested. Also, the Book of Common Prayer has a great reading section about the Advent. I hope these links answer any questions, if not comment below I will try to find out more for you!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment