Thursday, March 24, 2011

Captivating

I have been re-reading the book “Captivating” by John and Stasi Eldredge, let me just say that every time I read this book I get more and more out of it! I decided to read it again over spring break just because I have been feeling spiritually dry for the past few weeks. As well as just feeling kinda ugly and self-pitiful. I have absolutely no reason to feel this way. I suppose I could blame it on hormones, stress, or just being a “girl”, but I know that God does not want me to stay in that mind set! My boyfriends is not a fan of self-pity moments either. So during this pleasant break I have been praying and seeking God, asking him to renew my spirit and my confidence.

Captivating is a wonderful treasure of a book! My favorite quote so far, “We desire to possess a beauty that is worth pursuing, worth fighting for, a beauty that can be felt; beauty that affects others; a beauty all our own to unveil.” As women we do need to be affirmed that we are beautiful. We desire for someone to know and say that we are beautiful. We bask in the compliments of others, even is we say we don’t, we do! We need to remember that us ladies are Gods handy-work! It is so important to not forget who we are and who’s we are.

I just want to say to all you women who are feeling like I am that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, lovely, stunning, precious, and mysterious. All of these God has perfectly designed you to be! Please go out and find Captivating and read it as soon as possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment