Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Strawberry Gelatin Pie

Happy Fathers Day!
For my dad I made him this dreamy strawberry pie! My dad is a fruit man! Growing up, the summers in my house were filled with watermelons, strawberries, blueberries, and peaches galore. Most dinners consisted of a sandwich and fruit (my grandfather was the same way). So here is my Happy Fathers day Recipe!!

1 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1 c. water
4 tbsp. strawberry gelatin
2 pts. fresh strawberries
1 (8 inch) baked pie crust (regular or graham crackers)

Mix sugar, cornstarch, and water in saucepan. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin. Cool. Stir in fresh strawberries. Pour into pie crust and chill for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Serve as is or with whipped cream.











Enjoy,
Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment