Monday, December 3, 2012

WONDERFUL COUNSELOR

Isaiah 9:6 "For un to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called WONDERFUL COUNSELORMighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

What is a wonderful counselor, and why do we need him?
To me, a counselor is someone who is wise and whom you can trust to keep all of your secrets. This person must also be honest and give strait feed back on a situation or thought. Even the Psalmist David needed a counselor way out in the fields watching the sheep. 

Psalms 119:23-24
"Though rulers sit together and slander me, Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors."

Have you ever felt like that? That people are just sitting around talking about how annoying you are? Or that some people just don't like you? I sure have, this week in fact. My fiance and I have been battling the devil all week in a situation that should have never arisen. When one thing comes, ten others like to follow. We have been praying about it and consulting counselors and the only counselor that seemed to give us any comfort was one that didn't have to even say a word. Our WONDERFUL COUNSELOR Jesus Christ. He came to the world to be our counselor and direct us in the ways of righteousness. It is amazing to think that even the smallest amount of faith can comfort a person so much, in good and bad times. I don't know what I would do without the Almighty. Sometimes I feel as though God needs me but it is always the opposite. I need God. I need him everyday and in every way. God knows what he is doing and it is for our good. The Prophet Isaiah says it best: 


Isaiah 40:13 "Who has understood the mind of the LORD, or instructed him as his counselor?"

Trust in Him, our Wonderful Counselor! 

Blessings,

P.S. Happy Finals Week! I hope they all go well and we all finish strong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment