Thursday, January 30, 2014

Woven Together | Beginner Resources

We live in a world of mass resources and sometimes it can be overwhelming trying to find a teaching book that will work for you. So let me show you some books that I have tried and liked.

 1. I Taught Myself to Crochet
This was the first crocheting book I ever bought. I love this book because it comes with six hooks, darning needles, and some small goodies that I normally wouldn't bother buying but that are really good to have. This book also has some wonderful easy projects and most importantly it teaches you how to read patterns. 

2. How to Crochet
For all you reading learners, this is your book. Although this book lacks bright colored pictures and fun diagrams, it has simple easy to follow guides that will make your learning a success!
Get it here! 



3. I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting! DVD
I love love love this program. The book, DVD, and starter kit can all be sold separately but I would strongly suggest getting them all in the one kit! This program is easy to follow and great for working on techniques, and proper stitch structures. I highly recommend this one!
Get it here!

 4. Crocheting School; A Complete Course
I am a visual and hands-on learner and this book has been so useful for my learning styles. I love the beautiful pictures of yarn and the easy to follow patterns. This book is simply inspirational visually. Plus, who wouldn't want to learn to make that beautiful shell pattern on the front of the book??
Get it here!

5. How to Knit; A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners
What an awesome title? I would highly recommend this book for the absolute beginner, and younger learners! The pictures are bright and the projects are fun and easy to follow! 

Get it here!

 6. Kids Knitting
Don't under estimate the ability of kids learning to knit! My little 11 year old brother loves to knit. He tried crocheting but knitting is his favorite. I can tell it has helped his fine motor skills, patience, and diligence in finishing a project to completion. I would also recommend it for kids who are managing some behavioral challenges! Knitting is a great brain stimulator!
Get it here!



7. Mason Dixon Knitting 
This book is probably my personal all time favorite knitting book. I have used the projects from the book for years now! The patterns are clear and have wonderful pictures. This is a great book.
Get it here!

8. Martha Stewart Loom Knitting
Honestly I have not tried this yet but it is on my bucket list of things to learn. The book seems to be clear and easy to follow. I plan is to try it soon! Let me know if you have tried it and how you feel about it. I love learning new yarn crafts! 
Get it here! 

Let me know what you think of these books and if you have used them before. What are some of your favorite yarn craft books? How did you learn, and what type of learning styles works best for you? 
Happy yarning and I hope you are all staying warm in this winter wonder weather! 










No comments:

Post a Comment